Fast Running Electrophoresis Buffer or Rapid Running Buffer (RRB for short) is white to off-white instant powder. Each bag of RRB instant powder can be prepared with 1 L of 1xRRB buffer, which is easy to operate and use. RRB buffer is a fast nucleic acid electrophoresis buffer, mainly used for DNA agarose gel electrophoresis.
RRB buffer has the characteristics of strong buffering capacity and high resolution, which can effectively separate DNA fragments within 5 kb. With a certain concentration of agarose gel, it can support high-pressure fast electrophoresis at 300~350 V (15 V/cm). The conventional electrophoresis time can be shortened from 30 minutes to about 10 minutes. This buffer can replace TBE running buffer for small molecular weight DNA agarose gel electrophoresis.
Note: The pH of 1x solution is 8.3±0.2 at 25 °C.
- PBS is a standard buffer used in many biochemical applications to maintain pH
- Use in the washing solutions during immunofluorescence procedure.
- Use for the suspension of bacterial cells.
- Use during the fixation and immunostaining procedures.
|Component Name||Amount||Storage (°C)|
|Fast Running Electrophoresis Buffer||100 x 1 L||Room temp|
A. Prepare 1 L of 1x RRB Buffer
- Measure about 600 ml of distilled water into the beaker, and place a magnetic stirrer in the beaker;
- Place the beaker on a magnetic stirrer, slowly add the entire contents of 1 bag of RRB instant granules, and stir the solution until completely dissolved;
- Add distilled water to the RRB solution in step 2, and make up to 1 L, which is 1x.
B. Prepare 1 L of 1x RRB Buffer
- Fast electrophoresis Recommended concentration is 1.5% agarose gel, and the voltage is adjusted to 300~350 V (15 V/cm), which can complete the effective separation of 100~5000 bp DNA fragments within 10 minutes.
- Conventional electrophoresis 1x RRB running buffer can replace TBE for conventional electrophoresis operations to achieve efficient separation of small molecular weight DNA fragments.
For Research or Educational Use Only.